Two proud British locomotives
Locos 44767 “George Stephenson” and 92214 “Cock o The North” running on North Yorkshire Moors Railway (NYMR).
44767 was built in 1947 for the London Midland and Scottish Railway (LMS), a Stanier , 4-6-0 Black Five Class numbered 4767, renumbered by British Rail 44767, withdrawn in 1967. Named “George Stephenson”, preserved and run by NYMR.
92214 was built in1959, Class 9F, 2-10-0, withdrawn 1965. Preserved by Peak Railway Society in 1980, later moved to NYMR in 2010. Named “Cock o The North” in 2011. Taken over by the Great Central Railway in 2014 and renamed “Central Star”
Tiger Moth De Havilland DH-82A Biplane Close-up
Detail shot of 1930's vintage De Havilland DH-82A yellow Tiger Moth biplane aircraft. The famous de Havilland DH.82 "Tiger Moth" biplane was a dedicated military-minded basic trainer developed by de Havilland as a military product
© Wes Eggins
Aeronautical, Aeroplane, Air Transport, Airplane, Australian Photographer, Australian Pictures, Australian Views, Aviation, Canvas Print, Clear Sky, Colour Image, Corporate D Cor, Corporate Décor, Daytime, Framed Print, Gift, Gift For Men, Horizontal Crop, Images Of Australia, Jigsaw Puzzle, Landscape Format, Media Storehouse, No People, Photo Mug, Photo Puzzle, Photography, Photos Of Australia, Print, Quality Image, Sky, Transport, Transportation, Visual Art, Wall Art, Wes Eggins
Settle Station on the Historic Settle-Carlisle Line
Modern Northern Rail train stands at this historic old station on the famous section of railway through the Yorkshire Dales. Settle railway station is a Grade II listed station which serves the town of Settle in North Yorkshire, England.
The station was designed by the Midland Railway company architect John Holloway Sanders and was opened with the line on 1 May 1876. It was originally named Settle New to distinguish it from the nearby station on a different route, which was renamed Settle Old at the same time. Settle New was renamed Settle on 1 July 1879, by which time Settle Old had become Giggleswick. Goods facilities were withdrawn from the station in 1970.
Nostalgic image would make a lovely jigsaw