Australian heritage Garratt steam locomotive at Central tation S
New South Wales Government Railways operated 42 of the powerful “Beyer-Garratt” articulated double locomotives (4-8-4 + 4-8-4) in the 1950s and 60s. DC++ designates this is a dual control unit with enlarged cylinders. 6029 is privately owned and housed at NSW Rail Museum, Thirlmere NSW.
© Wes Eggins
Aussie, Australia, Australian Photographer, Australian Pictures, Australian Views, Canvas Print, Corporate De Cor, Corporate Décor, Engine, Framed Print, Gift, Gift For Him, Gift For Men, Heat, Heritage, Historic, Images Of Australia, Jigsaw Puzzle, Male Interest, Media Storehouse, New South Wales, Nsw, Old, Photo Mug, Photo Puzzle, Photography, Photos Of Australia, Power, Powerful, Print, Quality Image, Rail Transport, Railway, Railway Station, Steam, Steam Locomotive, Sydney, Train, Transport, Transportation, Vapour, Vintage, Visual Art, Wall Art, Warmth, Wes Eggins, Work Of Art
The First Fleet
Some of the First Fleet - eleven British Navy ships under the command of Captain Arthur Phillip, which took 750 British convicts to Botany Bay, where they established the first European settlement in Australia, 1788. (Photo by Hulton Archive/Getty Images)
© 2005 Getty Images
15713, 18th Century, 55771174, Arthur Phillip, Australia, Black, Black And White, Botany Bay, British Culture, Command, Consumerproduct, Crime, Diry, Established, Finance, First Fleet, Format, J111603201, Landscape, Law, Nautical Vessel, Navy, Photograph, Prison, Prisoner, Prisons, Sailing, Sea, Settlement, Ship, Transport, Transportation, Vessel, Water, White
Two proud British locomotives
Locos 44767 “George Stephenson” and 92214 “Cock o' The North” running on North Yorkshire Moors Railway (NYMR).
44767 was built in 1947 for the London Midland and Scottish Railway (LMS), a Stanier , 4-6-0 Black Five Class numbered 4767, renumbered by British Rail 44767, withdrawn in 1967. Named “George Stephenson”, preserved and run by NYMR.
92214 was built in1959, Class 9F, 2-10-0, withdrawn 1965. Preserved by Peak Railway Society in 1980, later moved to NYMR in 2010. Named “Cock o The North” in 2011. Taken over by the Great Central Railway in 2014 and renamed “Central Star”.